วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Bulk/OEM Internal Desktop Hard Drive - WD7502AAEX


Fast, but loud, (What's this?) This is an OEM HD so don't expect anything other than the HD when it arrives! It arrived packaged nicely in a little box, undamaged.

Like others have said: this HD is loud.
Very Impressed So Far, (What's this?) I purchased this drive a month ago and installed it in a SANS metal drive enclosure with an eSata connection to my laptop. When transferring large files, I see a consistent 100MBs which is quite fast for a non SDD. The drive is extremely quiet. I also highy recommend the follow enclosure for it: SANS DIGITAL MS1UTP 3.5" USB 3.0 & eSATA Drive Enclosure.
The Hard Drive That Proves Pareto's Principle, First, a definition from Wikipedia: The PARETO PRINCIPLE (also known as the 80-20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.[1][2]

Business-management consultant Joseph M. Juran suggested the principle and named it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed in 1906 that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population; he developed the principle by observing that 20% of the pea pods in his garden contained 80% of the peas.
******************************************

How does this relate to a WESTERN DIGITAL hard drive?

Well, the mechanical drive itself works marvelously well. First class in every way. (The 80%.)

However ...
good item, (What's this?) This hard drive writes data twice as quickly as my last one and it seems to be reliable so far. It also came quickly and the seller was good.
Caviar Black exceptional quality, (What's this?) The Caviar "black" series is the only hard drive that incorporates all the mechanical features together with the obvious electronic & resulting performance features to allow me to rate is as a hi quality drive.
Great service, (What's this?) Hard drive did not work but you sent another without receiving the other back first. Considering the problem with the first drive your turn around was really fast to get me a new drive.
Awesome, (What's this?)
I have 6 of them, I keep buying these drives because they are so good. I am an advanced user and I go through a lot of drives. A year or so ago I decided to spend more $$$/GB to get better drives even though they may not be as large. These drives are noticeably faster than typical consumer drives and seem to last a lot longer. Since I use my drives a lot, thrashing them sometimes, the consumer ones just fail within a year. These dont. I have 6 in my case now, looking for 2 more and switching to a 6-drive RAID setup.
WD Caviar Black, (What's this?) Have had the HDD in service for around a month now with no apparent problems. The 64 MB buffer seems to have sped up the seek time somewhat. Had previouly bought one of the same model 6 months earlier and liked it. My one complaint would be the way it was packaged for shipping. I have seen this same complaint from others. I felt it was poorly packaged but luckily it arrived undamaged.
Great Drive, (What's this?) Purchased this drive because my old Raptor drives are almost full. I do a lot of audio recording for music and play a lot of games (SWTOR HOW I LOVE THEE!) and the drive works great. Access is fast and moving large files is a breeze. Packaging came as expected in an OEM drive. Came in a anti-static bag and cardboard edges to keep the drive from bouncing around.

The noise level of the drive is probably louder than some of the "greener" drives but really, my rig has a huge graphics card and fans to keep everything cool so I can't say the drive is loud as my rig is pretty noisy anyway. For those with water cooled systems, this may be an issue.

Definately would buy from Amazon again, this drive was far less than other sites, Brick & mortar included.

  • Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
  • Capacity: 750 GB, Cache: 64 MB
  • Max. External Transfer Rate: 126 MB/s
  • Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
  • Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s

  • Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm.Capacity: 750 GB, Cache: 64 MB.Max. External Transfer Rate: 126 MB/s.Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s.WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5-inch SATA hard drives combine 7200 RPM spin speed, an integrated dual processor, and dual actuator technology for lightning-fast performance in demanding desktop, workstation, and multi-drive systems. And 750 GB capacity gives you the space you need to hold plenty of photos, videos, and files. Best of all these drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty.

    Why you should choose WD Caviar Black: WD Caviar Black Hard Drives – Maximum performance for power computing. WD Caviar Black delivers industry-leading performance that's perfect for hard-core gaming and intensive photo and video editing.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น