วันศุกร์ที่ 30 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32 MB Cache 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive ST750LX003


Seagate Momentus 750 hybrid 2.5" hard drive- Finally a laptop spinning SATA III Hard Drive, (What's this?) Purchased this recently for a early 2011 MBP 17"-2.2GHZ 16 GB ram, Lion & Snow Leopard & data partitions (3 in all-in same order of creation) The drive replaces a Samsung 1TB 5400rpm drive- which had replaced the stock Toshiba/Apple 750 GB 5400 rpm drive. Formatting & copying the previous partitions on the Samsung to the new Seagate was done via SeriTek 6G expresscard while Seagate was still external. Installed after copying w/o event, booted fine. Apple system profiler show the Seagate drive connecting at the 6G speed- no issue's, not like the well reported 6G SSD connection trouble with early 2011 17" & some 15" MacBook Pro's. My 17" BTW was built in April 2011 & reports 6G in HD bay as well as in optical bay.

The new Seagate is very quiet while copying outside the MBP. Not much info on outside of its case other than Seagate name/size of drive, manufacture date-11/2011, part/model/serial numbers, firmware-SM12 and rated @5V .70 amps. And made in CHINA (Amperage draw is lower than the Samsung 1 TB which is .85 amps & Toshiba/Apple 750 GB rated at 1.0 Amps. both of which are only 5400 rpm drives)Does not state speed, flash memory, or cache size, or SATA interface speed- which are 7200rpm, 8GB flash memory, 32MB cache & SATA III or otherwise known as 6G. Seagate did a pretty good job with current draw on drive compared to other laptop drives- inc. Samsung & Toshiba/Apple stock drive.
Battery Life, Hello, what about the battery life. I purchased a Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive ST95005620AS . It seems that this drive eats too much energy, and it a little bit more noisy then Hitachi drives.
Fast drive, but not revolutionary, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?) I was very intrigued by the idea of the hybrid drive. Combining the SSD and platter drive is a good idea and should provide a considerable boost in speed for repetitive tasks that require disk access. The drive firmware is supposed to handle the task of deciding what needs the SSD and what doesn't. With this said, I haven't seen an amazing increase in speed over my 7200 RPM Western Digital WD7500 Scorpio. I don't know if the drive gets faster when the software gets more data from daily use over time, but it is already somewhat faster than what I am used to at this point.

One thing I think would be nice would be to have more SSD storage in the drive so that you could set up a boot partition on the drive that was always SSD. As it stands, the drive neither has the SSD storage capacity, nor the partitioning option for using SSD for anything other than boost. I feel like the price premium is possibly a bit steep, considering the amount of solid state storage in the device.

I would certainly recommend this drive if you the price is appealing, otherwise you will not see a tremendous step down in performance with a high-quality 7200 RPM drive.
Not what I expected..., (What's this?) I received the package yesterday (shipping was quick and in time for Christmas) but it didn't ship in OEM packaging. I plugged the drive into my Lenovo T420s using an ultra bay adapter and it didn't work out of the box until I had to go and quick format and create a primary partition. The performance is horrible when compared to the SSD drive I have on the machine. I bought this one mainly to use it for holding Virtual Machines and be able to swap between work and personal laptop and it works horridly. Then I did a quick stats using Crystal DiskMark and below are the results of comparison, that speaks well for my anguish. At this time I don't know what to do. It also mentions a speed of 6 GB/s with NCQ enabled and haven't found that to be true as well. It is silent and may be a good choice for holding media other than virtual machines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
INTEL SSDSA2BW160G3L
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 255.377 MB/s
Sequential Write : 164.
Excellent Hard Drive, THIS IS NOT A SOLID STATE DRIVE. It is in fact a 7200rpm disc drive that has a 4gb section of READ ONLY SSD MEMORY. That means you do not write any info to the 4gb section of SSD on this drive. However, the hard drive itself will determine what goes on to that section. It determines what goes on that section by an algorithm created to discover what you access first upon starting your computer. It will definitely increase your computers start up time. Also it does well when you preform the same basic things upon start up, perhaps opening Word and then accessing the internet and starting iTunes. The hard drive will optimize the start up of your computer and these programs by copping their files to the SSD section.

This drive is great as it increased my boot time of my computer to about 20-30 seconds. Also it is a 7200rpm drive so you do have added performance over 5400rpm drives. It however is not as fast as an SSD, but it gives you a lot more memory for a lower price than an SSD and performs much better than a 5400 rpm drive.

I play quite a number of games on my computer and this hard drive performs well for the games and task i use on my computer.

I personally do not have this hard drive. I do however have the 500 gb version which works very very well. With the added memory of this drive, if you are in need of the extra 250 gb buy this hard drive.
One of the Great innovative products, except two flaws., (What's this?) Cons:
1: pricing is somewhat a little crazy, especially during the Thailand flood..
2: Noisy! Don't know how so much people say it quiet..but I guess they haven't tried any of the Western Digital 7200rpm drives.. I can very easily hear the noise, especially when comparing to my old WD 7200rpm drive.

Overall, got some good feeling as if I was using a SSD; and yes, it really boosts up the start up speed, and some applications launching speed.

I really think 3.5 points would be the best rate for it..but I can choose either 3 or 4...so 3. (Absolutely noticeably noisier than my other drives! Proverb: Seagate drives are usually noisier than WDs, period.
Faster, While this is not SSD Fast, it is significantly faster than the spinning disc drive that it replaced. The write speeds are still about the same, but the read speed is great. I'm using this as a Secondary drive in my XPS 17. I've read some bad reviews of the first generation 500GB drives, it seems to me Seagate has figured this technology out.
Excellent, (What's this?) Installed in a mid 2009 Macbook Pro that originally had a 5400RPM 500GB drive. This thing flies. Boots up from cold in 20 seconds, apps load SSD fast. Install was a breeze.
Super Fast in my MacBook Pro, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?) I installed this into a MacBook Pro (i7 2.2GHz, 15", Early 2011, 8GB of RAM), which was very easy to accomplish, take off the bottom case and swap the drives out. I was very shocked on how much this sped up the system. I installed Mac OS X Lion using the Internet Recovery (essentially clean install) (since Lion does not include Install DVDs, when the Mac is shipped with Lion). The computer is so fast that I was able to install my programs and copy my files back in half the time of the original disk (which was the Stock 5400 RPM 750 GB HDD). The boot time of the computer is remarkable roughly 14-16 seconds after the Startup sound, and opening Documents and Media files is super quick.
Fast, No Problems in iMac, (What's this?) It installed this drive in my wife's 17" iMac which had a filled 160GB drive. I installed this drive in an IcyDock 2.5" to 3.5" adapater. After using Carbon Copy Clone software to clone her files and operating system (Mac OSX 10.6.8) while running the new drive externally in firewire mode, and opened the iMac and installed the IcyDock/ Momentus hybrid drive internally.
I don't have performance figures to give you, but it seems to speed opening and closing programs and files dramatically. A real kick in the pants.
I has been running without problem for several days now. All programs work fine including network, printers, scanners, and VirtualBox with Windows XT installed.
Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32 MB Cache 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive ST750LX003So far I am extremely pleased.

  • Adaptive Memory technology customizes performance by aligning to user needs for overall improved system response
  • 750 GB 7200 RPM SSD Hybrid Drive
  • 80 percent faster performance than traditional 7200-RPM drives in PCMark Vantage benchmark scores
  • Low heat and vibration - quiet operation without giving up storage capacity and affordability
  • Solid state hybrid drive delivers SSD-like performance with hard drive capacity options

  • Adaptive Memory technology customizes performance by aligning to user needs for overall improved system response.750 GB 7200 RPM SSD Hybrid Drive.80 percent faster performance than traditional 7200-RPM drives in PCMark Vantage benchmark scores.Low heat and vibration - quiet operation without giving up storage capacity and affordability.Solid state hybrid drive delivers SSD-like performance with hard drive capacity options..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น